3 Common Meeting Scheduling Scenarios
Posted On April 29, 2020
Scheduling meetings or events can be quite challenging in today’s times. There are various scheduling scenarios that you will encounter in your daily life. You may want to schedule a birthday party, a one-on-one meeting with your client and a play date with friends at a club.
There are 3 broad categories when scheduling personal or professional events.
- Fixed schedule meetings: You have a meeting time and you want to know whether your invitees can attend.
- Undecided meeting time: You have 3 to 4 meeting times and you want the best possible date for invitees.
- Undecided meeting slots: You have many invitees and you want to meet each invitee at a different time.
What are the types of meetings or events under each scheduling category?
An event will have its scheduling complexity. But here are some examples of events under each category:
Fixed schedule meetings: Who calls for the meeting or the importance of a date matters for such events.
- Birthday Parties: The date and time are already decided by the host and he/she wants to know how many are attending.
- Team meetings: A boss or superior wants to call for a meeting and wants to know who is available.
Oystro helps with getting to know RSVPs for fixed schedule meetings. You can send meeting invites to your invitees who use Oystro. You can send an invite link via SMS, email, WhatsApp or social media to your invitees who don’t use Oystro.
Undecided meeting time: You should be able to offer meeting time options for such events. Your invitees can then decide a convenient time. If you are scheduling a group meeting then it will ensure the highest attendance.
- Social parties and events: You want to plan a reunion, a camping trip, a boys/girls night out or a play date. You want to know from your friends the best possible dates and times.
- Family get-togethers: Your family members and relatives stay at far-flung locations. You want to get them together for the weekend and want to know the best possible dates.
- Global team meetings: You have a distributed team in your company. You want to schedule a virtual team meeting or gather them for an offsite on the best possible dates.
- Extra-curricular events: You are a member of your local Lions or Rotary club. You want to know how many volunteers are available for an event or a series of events.
Client meetings: You are an independent consultant. You want to know if your client is available at any of the meeting times you have offered to meet.
Undecided meeting slots: You have many invitees and you should be able to offer meeting slots. Your invitees can book their slots so that only one invitee can meet you at a time.
- Interview Scheduling: You are an independent recruitment consultant. You want to schedule interviews with candidates within the day or week.
- Service Scheduling: You are an independent hairstylist and beautician. You want your clients to fix an appointment when you can render your service.
You may be a CEO of a small enterprise, an independent consultant or a friend trying to get people together. You will encounter the 3 scheduling scenarios in your personal or professional environment. You can make it easy on yourself by using a meeting scheduler app.